The role of the CNSA Education Standing Committee is to advise and support the CNSA National Executive (NEC) on matters relating to nursing education and recognition of the specialist cancer nurse role.
- Provide expert knowledge, advice and information to the NEC on matters relevant to cancer nursing education
- Assist in the development and delivery of education programs in collaboration with other providers where such collaboration meets the needs of CNSA membership
- Review and comment on documents and educational resources produced by entities such as the National Education Framework Cancer Nursing (EdCaN) project and EviQ
- Critique and make recommendations regarding the recognition of the specialist nurse role (e.g. credentialing) in relation to Australian cancer nurses
- Contribute to the organisation of Annual Congress, ensuring education remains a priority within conference proceedings; and
- Assess and review CNSA Travel and Study Grant applications.
The committee meets at CNSA Annual Congress and ad hoc to review education grants.