The role of the CNSA Research Standing Committee is to advise and support the CNSA National Executive (NEC) on matters relating to cancer control research and to support the objectives of CNSA to promote excellence in cancer control and care through research and the transition of research into practice.
- Provide expert knowledge, advice and information relevant to cancer nursing research
- Develop and implement process and guidelines for the review of research proposals seeking CNSA membership participation
- Provide guidance for research initiatives to meet CNSA’s objectives to promote excellence in cancer care as they align with CNSA strategic priorities
- Review CNSA research grant applications
- Act as a knowledgeable resource for the NEC by collaborating with relevant CNSA sub committees and membership
- Collaborate with external research groups; and
- Active promotion of relevant research grants and opportunities that may be of interest to CNSA members.
The committee meets at CNSA Annual Congress and ad hoc to review research grants and requests for CNSA Membership research participation.